Great success for MAN at ETM Awards 2019 – winner in five categories, plus twelve podium places
MAN Truck & Bus is taking stock of its success following the presentation of the ETM Awards 2019. MAN was the winner in five categories – and a further twelve places on the podium round off the brilliant result.
- MAN eTGE wins the electric van category
- MAN TGS winner in the 18 tonne-plus distribution truck category
- MAN Lion’s City victorious in the city bus category
- MAN Lion’s Coach wins in the high-decker coach class
- MAN Financial Services is the best brand for rental/leasing
More than 8,000 readers of specialist commercial vehicle magazines lastauto omnibus, trans aktuell and FERNFAHRER answered the call to choose the best commercial vehicles. Readers could choose between all the major delivery vehicles, vans, trucks, buses and coaches on the German market.
MAN wins in four vehicle categories
The MAN eTGE took first place straight away in the newly announced electric van class. The MAN TGS won the 18 tonne-plus distribution truck category. The most prestigious category in the bus and coach sector – the high-decker coach award – went to the MAN Lion’s Coach. MAN Truck & Bus even managed to double down on its success in this category with the NEOPLAN Skyliner’s second place finish. The new MAN Lion’s City won at its first attempt in the city bus category.
The MAN TGE succeeded in securing further places on the podium (second place for vans below 3.5 tonnes and for vans above 3.5 tonnes), while the MAN TGM and MAN TGL came in second and third for distribution trucks in the up to 18 tonne range. In addition, the MAN TGM was third among the distribution trucks from 18 tonnes onwards, the MAN TGX ranked second in the long-haul truck category, and the MAN TGS and MAN TGM came in second and third in the tipper class. The MAN eTGM also took second place in the electric truck category. MAN ranked second both in the intercity bus category, (Lion’s Intercity) and the midibus segment (MAN TGE Intercity).
Holger Mandel, chairman of the Management Board, MAN Truck & Bus Germany, summed up: “Four winners and another twelve podium places are an excellent result for MAN. It reflects the positive image that our customers and drivers have of our brand and our products. The result also underlines the successful work of our entire team.”
Great win for MAN Financial Services
For the first time, MAN Financial Services took first place among the best brands in the rental/leasing category, prevailing against strong competition from the entire sector.
“Awarding us as the best rental and leasing company shows that readers appreciate our high level of service and our strong customer focus,” says Frank Czarnetzki, director of MAN Financial Services, with satisfaction. “Together with our colleagues from MAN Truck & Bus and MAN Rental, we’re able to find the right product for everyone and respond flexibly to individual needs.”
- 1_P_EOT_MAN_ETM_Awards_Christoph_Huber_Frank_Kraemer_Joachim_Drees_Frank_Czarnetzki_Holger_MandelFull house: MAN accounted for a total of five winners at the ETM Awards 2019 (from left to right: Christoph Huber, Frank Krämer, Joachim Drees, Frank Czarnetzki and Holger Mandel).
- 2_P_EOT_MAN_ETM_Awards_TGS_Joachim_Drees_Christop_HuberJoachim Drees and Christoph Huber received together the trophy in the category distribution truck above 18 t for the MAN TGS.
- 3_P_EOT_MAN_ETM_Awards_eTGE_Christoph_HuberChristoph Huber, Head of Sales Truck & Van, MAN Truck & Bus Deutschland, accepted the trophy for the MAN eTGE.
- 4_P_EOT_MAN_ETM_Awards_Lions_City_Frank_KraemerFrank Krämer accepted the award for the MAN Lion’s City as winner in the category city buses.
- 5_P_EOT_MAN_ETM_Awards_MFS_ Miete_Leasing_Frank_CzarnetzkiFrank Czarnetzki holds the winning trophy in the category best brand rental/leasing.
- 6_P_EOT_MAN_ETM_Awards_Lions_Coach_Holger_MandelHolger Mandel accepted the trophy best coach for the MAN Lion’s Coach.